此歌是根据叶芝的同名诗歌谱曲而成,最初翻译为《柳园里》,是叶芝早年的诗作。他的早年诗歌韵律优美,感情细腻,辞藻华丽,象征意味浓郁,明显受到英国浪漫主义和法国象征主义诗歌的影响。
这首诗貌似简单,但却向人们揭示了生活的哲理——对待爱情和生活,人们应当顺其自然,就像“绿叶长在树枝上,青草长在河堰上”。不然,会因为一时的“愚蠢”而遗恨终生。他将青春、爱情连同死亡一同揉进循环往复、错综神秘的时空背景里互相对视.在这种痛苦的对视中,真理、自由等命题一一浮现,并被赋予了岁月的厚重感。
这首诗很美,给人很飘逸的感觉,音乐也很棒,让人有置身大海的意境。它有蓝色的忧郁,绿色的清新,白色的恬淡。只要你想,就能从中找出属于你自己的颜色。
- 藤田惠美版
- 口琴纯演奏版
[box title="Down by the Salley Garden - William Butler Yeats"]Down by the Salley Gardens,My love and I did meet 我和我的爱人曾约会在柳园
She passed the Salley Gardens,With little snow-white feet 我看着她纤细雪足莲步翩翩
She bid me take love easy,As the leaves grow on the tree 她约定我和她要像绿叶和树一样依偎相恋

But I being young and foolish, With her did not agree 但我是如此年轻而无知拒绝了她的浪漫
In a field by the river ,My love and I did stand 我和我的爱人曾一起站在一望无际的河畔
And on my leaning shoulder,She laid her snow-white hand 她温柔嫩白的手搭在我微倾的单肩,
She bid me take life easy,As the grass grows on the weirs 她祈祷我们的生命要像河堰上的嫩草一样新鲜
But I was young and foolish,And now am full of tears 但我是如此年轻而无知 现在泪水溢出我的双眼
Down by the Salley Gardens,My love and I did meet 我和我的爱人曾约会在柳园
She passed the Salley Gardens,With little snow-white feet 我看着她纤细雪足莲步翩翩
She bid me take love easy,As the leaves grow on the tree 她约定我和她要像绿叶和树一样依偎相恋
But I being young and foolish With her did not agree 但我是如此年轻而无知拒绝了她的浪漫
But I was young and foolish,And now am full of tears 但我是如此年轻而无知,现在泪水溢出我的双眼
中国风译版
Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;斯遇佳人,仙苑重深
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.玉人雪趾,往渡穿林
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;瞩我适爱,如叶逢春
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.我愚且顽,负此明言
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,斯水之畔,与彼曾伫
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.比肩之处,玉手曾拂
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;嘱我适世,如荇随堰
But I was young and foolish, and now I am full of tears.惜我愚顽,唯余泣叹!

[/box]